Microdermabrasion (using diamond tips)
Microdermabrasion gently polishes aging, sun-damaged and acne-prone skin with diamond-tipped wands, leaving skin supple, smooth and vibrant. It is crystal-free, safe and effective.
What does microdermabrasion do?
It improves fine lines, skin texture and improves pigmentation by removing the topmost layer of skin leaving it more supple and vibrant. It also stimulates the elastic tissue beneath the surface of the skin resulting in a healthier and firmer appearance. It is a wonderful alternative or compliment to chemical peels. Microdermabrasion is non-invasive, pain-free and requires no down time after treatment.
What are the most popular treatment areas?
The face, neck, chest and hands are the most popular areas to treat.
How does it improve skin?
The combination of skin exfoliation and slight suction stimulates production of new, living cells at the base level of the skin. This causes cell turnover and improved blood flow, resulting in healthier, younger clearer skin with enhanced elasticity and skin texture.
How many treatments are required?
Typically 6 treatments spaced 2 – 4 weeks apart.
Is there any down time?
Skin may be a little red for a short while afterwards. Mineral make up may be applied immediately afterwards. You may return to normal activities immediately afterwards.
What skin types are suitable?
- Non pustular Acne
- Oily skin with Blackheads
- Sun Damaged skin, with age spots
- Fine lines
- Dry Skin
- Rejuvenation of skin health
What clients are unsuitable?
Diabetics, vascular lesions, oral blood thinners, Rosacea, viral lesions.
How does it improve lines & wrinkles?
The combination of skin exfoliation and slight suction stimulates production of new, living cells at the base level of the skin. This causes cell turnover and improved blood flow, which stimulates collagen, giving younger looking skin.
- Clients must wear a daily sunscreen for one month afterwards, since the top protective layer of skin, has been exfoliated.
- Extra hydration usually is necessary, due to moisture loss that can result due to removal of uppermost protective layer of skin cells.
- Clients looking for anti-age must use a Vitamin C Serum which is necessary for collagen production.