Benefits of Colonic Irrigation
- A flatter tummy as bloating stops
- Healthy glowing skin & clear bright eyes
- An opportunity to change to healthier eating habits and lifestyle
- Successful treatment of constipation and IBS
- Increased energy as the fatigue causing toxins are removed
- Weight loss
- A boost to the immune system
- Deep detoxification of the lymphatic system and liver.
What happens during your first session?
- When you arrive for your first Colonic Irrigation treatment we will start with a holistic consultation, where we identify what symptoms are causing you problems and focus on what you want to work on, and how you would like to feel.
- It involves a 40 – 50 minute of gentle colon cleansing that empties your colon of toxic waste, gas, undigested food etc, which reduces bloating, flatulence, burping, constipation, abdominal discomfort, food sensitivities and that really full feeling you get after over indulging in richer food and drinks.
- Our equipment is safe and disposable. The water used is warmed to body temperature and is pre-filtered twice. This is an enclosed system with no odours or exposure to bacterial waste.
- It is normal to be nervous but you will be surprised how comfortable the treatment is. At all times your modesty will be preserved.
- We then finish your appointment with a treatment plan, supplement advice, lifestyle advice and tips on healthy eating.
- Preferably no alcohol for 24 hours following your treatment.
- The number of treatments required differs from person to person. However I would normally recommend a course of three colonic treatments.
How to prepare for Colonic Irrigation?
- No heavy meals should be consumed the day before, the day of, or the day after a colonic treatment. Anyone prone to constipation should consider omitting dairy from their diet for 5 days leading up to the treatment in particular cheese and yoghurt. If you are eating red meat, you should have smaller portions and chew well.
- You could have a warm bath prior to your colonic, to aid the treatment.
Colonics, like most holistic health treatments, are accompanied by certain contraindications of when it may be advisable not to perform the treatment. The following list details such possible contraindications. Each situation is discussed on a case-by-case basis. If you have any such contraindication(s), colon hydrotherapy should be avoided at this time.
List of Colonic Contraindications.
Abdominal Hernia, Acute Crohn’s Disease, Acute Ulcerative Colitis, Carcinoma of the Rectum
Cirrhosis, Congestive Heart Failure, Diverticulitis, Epilepsy or Psychological Disorders, History of Seizures
Intestinal Perforation, Kidney Insufficiency, Pregnancy , Recent Heart Attack, Recent Surgery, Rectal Bleeding, Rectal or Abdominal Tumor, Severe Fissures or Fistula, Severe or active Hemorrhoids, Uncontrolled Hypertension, Vascular Aneurism.