Choosing Your Facial Treatment
Facing The Facts!
The secret to true beauty, as any good beauty therapist will tell you, is beautiful skin. A healthy complexion, free of impurities and glowing with health, is the ultimate sign of natural beauty.
But it’s also the sign of someone who has just had a facial!
Facial treatments give skin the ultimate make-over; blemishes are banished, firmness is returned and the result is a younger looking, healthier visage.
Do I need a facial treatment?
We all have our own unique relationship with our skin. Whether we’re battling blackheads, sun damage and ageing, or combating the skins natural oiliness or dryness, everyone has an intimate knowledge of their own skin and knows when it feels neglected.
All skin types need some special attention from time to time and everyone can benefit from the relaxing and purifying qualities of a facial. Facials are also a great way to de-stress and rejuvenate – who doesn’t need that?
There are a range of different facial treatments available to suit every skin type.
Knowing your skin
It can be confusing trying to work out your skin type, especially if it seems to go through different stages. Many of us, when in doubt, may think we have a ‘combination’ skin tone which can lead to choosing the wrong facial products.
- Normal skin feels oily and has a high shine around mid afternoon but is shine free the rest of the time. This is often mistaken for combination skin.
- Oily skin consistently has an oily residue accompanied with blemishes or blackheads.
- Dry skin is prone to dry and flaky patches, occassionally accompanied by redness. Dryness is sometimes confused with dehydration. Dehydration can manifest as faint lines on the skin which, untreated, may become wrinkles.
If you’re uncertain about your skin type, LaNú Medi Spa’s Skin Scanner can provide an in depth analysis of your skin, helping you to choose the best facial and home care products for your needs. Ask our receptionist for further information when calling.
For excellent skin results, fast, try our Dr Daniello range. This treatment specialises in changing the dermal structure of the skin using glycolic peels and microdermabrasion in order to eliminate surface problems.
Popular facial therapies at LaNú Medi Spa
If you’re new to facials and unsure as to which one is best for you, don’t worry. Our Therapists will talk you about the various facial treatments available, the different benefits they offer and any specific requirements you may have. Please feel free to contact us in advance for advice prior to booking your treatment.
- Anti-Ageing Reviver – The facial ‘quickie’. A fast and efficient treatment that’s suitable for all skin types. The perfect facial pick-me-up for those on the go.
- Microdermabrasion – The ultimate in exfoliation. Microdermabrasion diminishes the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, enlarged pores and course skin by mechanically exfoliating the outermost layer of dead skin cells, giving skin back it’s youthful glow.
- Customised Facial – Ideal for all skin types. A customized facial works on specific areas of your skin, using products suited to your skin type, to achieve cleansed, hydrated and balanced skin.
Visit our Facial Treatments page for further details on the wide variety available.